Demos was founded in 1993 by former Marxism Today editors Julia Middleton, Martin Jacques, and Geoff Mulgan.  The organization promotes policies consistent with those of al-Qaeda and the defunct Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, and encourages state suppression of all public opposition to these policies.
- 1 Membership
- 2 Activities
- 2.1 Common Purpose
- 2.2 Media Standards Trust
- 2.3 #ReclaimTheInternet
- 2.4 Firing of Matt Bruenig
- 2.5 Five-Alarm Fire letter
- 2.6 Social Transformation Project
- 2.7 National Security and Human Rights Campaign
- 2.8 Indivisible
- 2.9 Starbucks
- 2.10 Fabian Society, Tavistock, and Chatham House
- 2.11 City of London
- 2.12 International Center for the Study of Radicalization and Political Violence
- 2.13 Arab Spring
- 2.14 Runnymede Trust
- 2.15 Suspicious Deaths
- 3 Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- 4 Media Relationships
- 5 References
Demos was founded in 1993 by editors of Marxism Today and their supporters.
- Stephen B. Heintz - Founding president.  President of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund and a supporter of the BDS movement. Heintz is also a board member of the EastWest Institute and the Leadership Group on U.S.-Muslim Engagement and an attendee of the US-Islamic World Forum.
- Julia Middleton - Wife of Rupert Middleton of The Industrial Society. Co-founder of the Impetus Trust and member of the Media Standards Trust. Employed in the office of the Deputy Prime Minister.
- Martin Jacques
- Geoff Mulgan - first director.  CEO of Nesta and board member of Labs for Systems Change.
- Ian Hargreaves - Member of the Runnymede Trust and the Media Standards Trust.
- Polly Mackenzie - Chief Executive. Director of Policy to the Deputy Prime Minister from 2010-15.
- Maeve Thompson - Director of External Affairs.
- Alex Krasodomski-Jones - Director, Centre for the Analysis of Social Media
- Carl Miller - Research Director, Centre for the Analysis of Social Media. Member of Microsoft's Voices for Civility.
- Josh Smith - Senior Researcher, Centre for the Analysis of Social Media and Chief Technical Officer, Demos
- Laurence Cubbon - Chief of Staff & Senior Operations Officer
- Izzy Little - Digital Production and Events Officer
- Sacha Hilhorst - Senior Researcher
- Ben Glover - Senior Researcher
- Asli Atay - Researcher
- Elliot Jones - Researcher
- Ellen Judson - Researcher
- Rose Lasko-Skinner - Researcher
- Tessa van Rens - Researcher
- David Weir - Technology Director, CASM. Prof David Weir is a Professor of Computer Science and co-director of the Text Analysis Group (taglaboratory.org).
- Jeremy Reffin - Implementation Director, CASM. Jeremy is co-director of the Text Analysis Group (taglaboratory.org) at the University of Sussex. He was formerly a partner at Apax Partners
- Andrew Gloag - Research Assistant
- Bibi Nubir - Finance and Administrative Assistant
- Ava Berry - Research Assistant. Ava graduated from the London School of Economics and Political Science in 2017 with an MSc in Gender, Development and Globalisation. Prior to joining Demos she worked in the childcare sector and interned for the International Drug Policy Consortium. She also volunteers for the 50:50 Parliament campaign
- Jamie Bartlett - Senior Fellow. He led the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media at Demos for 10 years until December 2018.
- Charles Seaford - Senior Fellow. Charles leads the Power and Institutions programme at Demos. He is a Co-Investigator at the Centre for the Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity, an ESRC funded research consortium and a Director of Represent Us, a campaigning group.
Associates and Contributors
- Dame Julie Mellor DBE - Chair of the Young Foundation and the Federation of Industry Sector Skills and Standards. She is a Trustee of Involve, the public participation charity.
- Alessandra Buonfino
- Ian Corfield - Chief Commercial Officer at New Day
- Nick Claydon
- Matt Nixon
- Neil Sherlock
- Heather McGhee - board member of Rockefeller Brothers Fund and Indivisible
- Amelia Warren Tyagi - chair
- Amy Hanauer - Vice chair
- Ruth Wooden - Treasurer
- Connie Cagampang Heller - Secretary. Runs the Groundswell Fund with Jonathan Heller of Center for Community Change.
- Mark Alexander
- Janet Dewart Bell of the Women's Media Center
- Rev Janet McCune Edwards
- Paul Egerman - member of American Bridge 21st Century and Barack Obama's inaugural committee
- Robert M. Franklin Jr.
- Joshua Fryday
- Gina Glantz - Vice president of Oxfam America Action Fund
- Van Jones - MIT Media Lab Director's Fellow. Co-founder of Color of Change. Member of Democracy Alliance.
- Mary Mountcastle
- Rashad Robinson - Co-founder of Color of Change
- Janet Shenk
- Joseph Dinorcia - VP Administration / CFO
- Brenda Wright - VP Legal Strategy
- Tamara Draught - VP Policy and Research
- Lucy Mayo - Senior VP Operations
- Tori O'Neal-McElrath - VP External Affairs. Director of institutional advancement at Center for Community Change.
- Jodeen Olguin-Tayler - VP Policy and Strategic Partnership
- Kalin Drzewiecki-Sezer - Dir Admin and Budget
- Lewis Daly - Dir Policy and Research
- Lucien Rothenstein - Deputy dir, political affairs and support strat
- Lisa Danetz - Legal dir
Others of note
- Jonathan Birdwell - Head of Policy and Research at the Institute for Strategic Dialogue since September 2015. Previously head of the Citizenship and Political Participation program at Demos. 
- Spencer Overton - Member of the National Advisory Committee of The Democracy Fund of Pierre Omidyar. Former board member of Demos, Common Cause, The Center for Responsive Politics, and the American Constitution Society of the Israel Policy Forum's David Halperin, son of Morton Halperin.
- Sarah Campbell Kennedy - Head of Operations at the Institute for Strategic Dialogue since March 2015. Head of Partnerships & Events at Demos from October 2010 - January 2012.
- Tom Bentley - Executive director of Demos as of 2003.
Common Purpose was founded by Demos co-founder Julia Middleton. 
- Julia Middleton of Demos
- Charles Manby of Goldman Sachs
- Anthony Salz of NM Rothschild, vice chair of the BBC Board of Governors, and board member of the Department for Education
- David Loyn of the BBC
- Sir Brandon Gough - Chancellor of the University of East Anglia (UEA) and Chair of the Common Purpose Charitable Trust
Graduates are alleged to include: 
- David Cameron
- Nick Clegg
- Gordon Brown
- Jonathan Porritt - chairman of Forum for the Future
- Barack Obama
Media Standards Trust
The Media Standards Trust tried to usurp and replace the authority of the Press Complaints Commission as the governing body of all media in the UK by using a bogus research report and fake news reports in the Guardian to buff up their credentials. They were given unusually favorable coverage by the BBC.
- David Bell - chairman of the Financial Times, chair of the steering committee for the National Equality Standard
- Julia Middleton - of Demos, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and Common Purpose
- Helena Kennedy - President of the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) and board member of the Institute for Strategic Dialogue
- Albert Scardino - Executive editor of The Guardian 2002-2004
Firing of Matt Bruenig
Five-Alarm Fire letter
Social Transformation Project
National Security and Human Rights Campaign
Demos is among the participants in the Open Society Institute's National Security and Human Rights (NSHR) Campaign, a project of the George Soros organization and Muslim Advocates to reduce public support for fighting al-Qaeda. 
- Bill Dempsey - Chief Financial Officer, SEIU
- Christie George - Director, New Media Ventures
- Leah Greenberg - Co-Executive Director, Indivisible Project
- Marielena Hincapié - Executive Director, National Immigration Law Center
- Ezra Levin - Co-Executive Director, Indivisible Project
- Heather McGhee - President, Demos
- Tom Perriello - CEO of Win Virginia and board member of Avaaz
Fabian Society, Tavistock, and Chatham House
James Higham associates Demos with the Tavistock Institute, the Fabian Society, and Chatham House, alleges that "The Fabian Society literally controls the European Union", and notes that early Fabian Society members Sidney Webb and Beatrice Webb were Soviet agents.
City of London
Demos works for the mayor of London to identify social media users who have negative opinions about Islam. 
- Anti-Islamic Content on Twitter
- This analysis was presented at the Mayor of London's Policing and Crime Summit on Monday 24 April, 2017.
- Over a year, Demos' researchers detected 143,920 Tweets sent from the UK considered to be derogatory and anti-Islamic - this is about 393 a day. These Tweets were sent from over 47,000 different users, and fell into a number of different categories - from directed insults to broader political statements.
International Center for the Study of Radicalization and Political Violence
Jonathan Birdwell of Demos was among the speakers at the release of the report A Neo-Nationalist Movement: The English Defense League and Europe's Counter-Jihad Movement which describes all opposition to Muslim jihad as "violent" and "right-wing", along with all support for British law and culture. 
- James Brokenshire MP, Home Office Minister for Crime and Security - delivered keynote speech
- Ian Bradshaw, Tackling Extremism & Hate Crime Division, DCLG,
- Matthew Collins, Hope not Hate
- Roger Griffin, Oxford Brookes University
- Jonathan Birdwell, Demos
- Maria Margaronis, The Nation
- Magnus Ranstorp, Swedish National Defence College
- Vidhya Ramalingam, Institute for Strategic Dialogue
- Community Security Trust (CST)
- the Center for Asymmetric Threat Studies (CATS)
- Swedish National Defence College
Ian Hargreaves was a member of the Runnymede Trust which called for opposition to Islamophobia, a term developed by an American branch of al-Qaeda, the International Institute for Islamic Thought, to refer to all opposition to al-Qaeda. 
A member of Friends of the Earth assassinated Pim Fortuyn in 2002 for opposing Muslim immigration into Europe. Friends of the Earth participated in the 2004 Critical Lawyers Conference where Helena Kennedy of the Media Standards Trust was a speaker, and has published an essay by Nidhi Tandon of Networked Intelligence who wrote in support of the Broadband Commission for Sustainable Development during a trip to the United Nations by Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian.
Rockefeller Brothers Fund
Trustees as of 2016
- Steven C. Rockefeller
- Anne Bartley
- Vali Nasr
- R. Nicholas Burns - member of Council on Foreign Relations and National Security Action, board member of Belfer Center at Harvard University, former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs under President George W. Bush
- Valerie Rockefeller
- Joseph A. Pierson
- Miranda M. Kaiser
- Wendy Gordon Rockefeller
- Justin Rockefeller
- Arlene Shuler
- Marsha Simms
- Kavita Ramdas of Women Have Wings and the Ford Foundation
- Daniel Levy - Co-founder of J Street, co-director of the Middle East Task Force at the New America Foundation
- Peter O'Neill
- Hugh Lawson
- Majorie Pillsbury
- Jennifer Nolan
- Ryan Crocker
- Heather McGhee
- Wyatt Rockefeller
Highest paid employees
- Michael Northrup
- Ben Rodriguez-Cubenas
- Shenyu Belsky
- Haki Abazi - director of the Kosovo office of the East West Management Institute
- Ariadne Papagapitos
Highest paid contractors
- Perella Weinberg Partners
- Greenrock Corporation
- Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler
- Investure, LLC
- Ventucom, LLC
People of Note
- Judy Belk - President and CEO of the California Wellness Foundation, Director of Public Affairs for the Association of Bay Area Governments, board member of
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund is among the backers of the European Stability Initiative, a project to promote mass Muslim migration to Europe as in the strategic war plan of Khalid Sheikh Mohammad of al-Qaeda.
Hollywood director Aaron Russo claims that Nick Rockefeller took credit for inventing the Women's Liberation movement.
- Rockefeller also told Russo that he would see soldiers looking in caves in Afghanistan and Pakistan for Osama bin Laden and that there would be an "Endless war on terror where there's no real enemy and the whole thing is a giant hoax," so that "the government could take over the American people," according to Russo, who said that Rockefeller was cynically laughing and joking as he made the astounding prediction.
- In a later conversation, Rockefeller asked Russo what he thought women's liberation was about. Russo's response that he thought it was about the right to work and receive equal pay as men, just as they had won the right to vote, caused Rockefeller to laughingly retort, "You're an idiot! Let me tell you what that was about, we the Rockefeller's funded that, we funded women's lib, we're the one's who got all of the newspapers and television - the Rockefeller Foundation."
- Rockefeller told Russo of two primary reasons why the elite bankrolled women's lib, one because before women's lib the bankers couldn't tax half the population and two because it allowed them to get children in school at an earlier age, enabling them to be indoctrinated into accepting the state as the primary family, breaking up the traditional family model.
- Anthony Salz - the vice chair of the BBC Board of Governors, among the leaders of Common Purpose
- David Loyn - BBC foreign correspondant, among the leaders of Common Purpose
- Robert Peston - business editor of BBC News, alleged supporter of Common Purpose
Rockefeller Brothers Fund vice president Adam Wolfensohn is on the board of the Harmony Institute with Buzzfeed founder Jonah Peretti. The Harmony Institute is hosted at Eyebeam which was hosted at The New School.
New York Times
Marjorie Scardino is a board member of Twitter.
- Ken Craggs, Leaders with a Common Purpose, personal blog, http://kencraggs.livejournal.com/2064.html https://archive.is/wdgJV
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Staff: Officer Bios, http://web.archive.org/web/20061001024324/http://www.rbf.org/about/bios_officers.html http://archive.is/OUzt9
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund President Explains BDS to His Trustees, Tablet, http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/239204/rockefeller-brothers-fund-president-explains-bds-to-his-trustees-its-about-justice-dignity-and-security https://archive.is/yrSMu
- Demos Staff, https://demos.co.uk/about/our-people https://archive.is/KG7IL
- Jonathan Birdwell, Battle of Ideas, http://www.battleofideas.org.uk/2015/speaker_detail/10878 https://archive.is/Et5YI
- Sarah Campbell Kennedy, LinkedIn profile, https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarahcampbellkennedy https://archive.is/MQWeW
- James Corbett, Common Purpose: Charity or Change Agent?, Corbett Report, https://www.corbettreport.com/common-purpose-charity-or-change-agent/ https://archive.is/1kAYb
- Richard Pendlebury, A nuclear bomb that dropped on the press - and the motley crew who seized their chance, the Daily Mail, 16 November 2012, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233685/A-nuclear-bomb-dropped-press--motley-crew-seized-chance.html https://archive.is/8Aj2V
- Jane Wakefield, Twitter abuse - 50% of misogynistic tweets from women, 26 May 2016, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36380247 https://archive.is/BTlP6
- Matthew Yglesias, Bruenighazi: How a feisty Bernie blogger's firing explains Democratic politics in 2016, Vox, May 21, 2016, http://www.vox.com/2016/5/21/11724298/bruenighazi-matt-bruenig-neera-tanden-demos https://archive.is/sWLW3
- 22 National Progressive Leaders Launch "Five-Alarm Fire" Open Letter denouncing Donald Trump, MoveOn, http://front.moveon.org/national-trump-letter/ https://archive.is/B8RAQ
- Who We Work With, Social Transformation Project, http://stproject.org/about-us/who-we-work-with/ https://archive.is/B21q2
- Aryeh Neier, National Security and Human Rights Campaign Request for Reauthorization, https://web.archive.org/web/20160815215439/http://soros.dcleaks.com/download/?f=/tab%2005%20national%20security%20human%20rights.pdf&t=us
- Adam Gabbatt, Starbucks needs more than racial bias training after men's arrest, experts say, The Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/21/starbucks-racial-bias-training-black-men-arrested https:// https://archive.is/a8Q4M
- James Higham, Demos – a picture’s worth a thousand words, Orphans of Liberty, September 16, 2015, https://4liberty.org.uk/2015/09/16/demos-a-pictures-worth-a-thousand-words/
- Anti-Islamic Content on Twitter, Demos, https://demos.co.uk/project/anti-islamic-content-on-twitter/ https://archive.is/cnJib
- Baron Bodissey, David Cameron declares war on the EDL, Gates of Vienna, March 24, 2013, http://gatesofvienna.net/2013/03/david-cameron-declares-war-on-the-edl/ https://archive.is/qqilS
- Alexander Meleagrou-Hitchens and Hans Brun, A Neo-Nationalist Movement: The English Defense League and Europe's Counter-Jihad Movement, International Center for the Study of Radicalization and Political Violence, March 2013, http://icsr.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ICSR-ECJM-Report_Online.pdf
- Cory Morningstar, AVAAZ: IMPERIALIST PIMPS OF MILITARISM, PROTECTORS OF THE OLIGARCHY, TRUSTED FACILITATORS OF WAR | PART I, Wrong Kind of Green, September 10, 2012, http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2012/09/10/avaaz-imperialist-pimps-of-militarism-protectors-of-the-oligarchy-trusted-facilitators-of-war/
- Vanessa Beeley, The Propaganda War against Syria Led by Avaaz and the White Helmets, Global Research, October 02, 2015, https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-propaganda-war-against-syria-led-by-avaaz-and-the-white-helmets/5479307 https://archive.is/zc1ca
- Islamophobia: a challenge for us all, Runnymede Trust, https://web.archive.org/web/20010626043250if_/http://www.runnymedetrust.org:80/projects/islam/SUMMARY.PDF
- Moderate Muslims Speak Out On Capitol Hill, IPT News, http://www.investigativeproject.org/2217/moderate-muslim-speak-out-on-capitol-hill https://archive.is/IRxRZ
- Abel Danger, My Range Dick – MI-6 Contract Hit – Equipping Hit Teams – MindBox bordereau (murdereaux) Insurance Frauds – Communications Coordination, https://www.abeldanger.org/my-range-dick-mi-6-contract-hi/
- National Critical Lawyers Conference, Critical Lawyers Group, http://www.statewatch.org/news/2003/dec/CLG.pdf
- Friends of the Earth, Why Women Will Save The Planet, University of Chicago Press Books, http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/distributed/W/bo22554753.html https://archive.is/rLZx3
- How NATO-linked Think Tanks Control EU Refugee Policy, The Liberty Beacon, https://www.thelibertybeacon.com/nato-linked-think-tanks-control-eu-refugee-policy/ https://archive.is/eOtU9
- Mark Hensch, 9/11 mastermind: Al Qaeda favors ‘immigration’ to defeat US, The Hill, https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/307362-9-11-mastermind-al-qaeda-to-use-immigration-to-end-us https://archive.is/jsxQV
- Paul Joseph Watson, Rockefeller Admitted Elite Goal Of Microchipped Population, Prison Planet, Monday, January 29, 2007, http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2007/290107rockefellergoal.htm https://archive.is/H6rtm
- Nick Saint, 4Chan Founder Christopher "Moot" Poole Joins Lerer Ventures, San Francisco Chronicle, https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/4Chan-Founder-Christopher-Moot-Poole-Joins-2386206.php