|Aliases: William Usher, Andy D, Billy D|
|Occupation: Game Journalist|
|Affiliations: Cinemablend.com, Oneangrygamer.net.|
William Usher is a game journalist, freelance contributor, and assistant editor for Cinemablend.com and OneAngryGamer.net. A former member of GameJournoPros, Usher collaborated with Milo Yiannopoulos to expose the censorship and narrative pushing perpetrated by the group's other members, many of whom were from multiple sites belonging to the Boycott List.
Opinion on the Quinnspiracy
On august 18, 2014, Usher wrote an article about The Quinnspiracy. In it he made clear his lack of interest for the gossip aspect of the scandal. However, he showed concern about how the censorship and lack of transparency coming from the Gaming Press which are actively hurting Gaming Culture.
Role In Gamergate
Collaboration with Milo Yiannopoulos
On September 2014, Milo Yiannopoulos wrote multiple articles about GameJournoPros. Revealing the Gaming press was colluding to push a narrative depicting #Gamergate as a harassment movement while trying to shutdown any kind of discussion related to it..
On a interview given to AGPNation, Usher stated he joined GameJournoPros on february 2013 after someone else on the mailing list helped him with some pro-consumer articles published a year before. He received info about the list when he did an article attacking gaming media after they blamed gamers for pre-ordering and buying Alien: Colonial Marines instead of waiting for reviews.
Regarding of why he didn't release this information sooner he stated:
- Oneangrygamer.net - Quinnspiracy theory: The five guys saga takes the gaming community by storm
- Breitbart.com - The List: Every Journalist in the GameJournoPros Group Revealed
- Oneangrygamer.net - "Quinnspiracy" search results
- Oneangrygamer.net - "#Gamergate" search results(page 10)
- Breitbart.com - Exposed: The Secret Mailing List of the Gaming Journalism Elite
- Apgnation.com - Breaking The Chain: An Interview With William Usher