Difference between revisions of "Vidme"
m (Minor fixes.)
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
== References ==
== References ==
Revision as of 19:54, 19 August 2019
|Type: Video Hosting/ Sharing Site|
According to Vidme, they're small team consisting of twelve humans and six dogs.   Founded by two entrepreneurs, Warren Shaeffer and Alex Benzer, in 2014. The idea to simplified video publishing, trying to build around the community and develope new ways for content creators to build an audience and earn money.
Role in Gamergate
In November, Vidme makes fun of YouTube's Heroes program.    This and the adpocalyspe which plagues Youtube, made Vidme (and other content sharing sites) really appealing to disillusion content creators.
August 19, 2017. According to a Hinny Pennies podcast, Vidme eventually began censoring verified and featured creators without warning, . 
Sometime in December 1, 2017, Willaim Shaeffer, one of the Vidme founders made an article that Vidme is going to be suspended - Both the main site and its' apps. New sign ups and uploads will be disabled effectively on that day. Though he thanks those who have supported vidme, its team, and mission, for the past few years. 
Known GGers in Vidme
Top Hats and Champagne
- Vidme's mascot is a cute robot of sorts named Astro.
- Vidme (About/Archive) - 
- Vidme (tubefilter/archive)-
- VidMe Makes Fun of YouTube's Heroes Program (KiA)-
- VidMe Takes Shots At YT's Heroes Program (KIA/Archive)-
- ANNOUNCING: VIDME HEROES PROGRAM 
- Vidme is Removing Verified and Featured Creators without Explanation (KIA) -
- Goodbye for Now (Warren Shaeffer)(Medium) - 
- Goodbye for Now (Medium) (archive) -