|Type: Social networking website|
Twitter is a social network where users can post "tweets" up to 140-characters in length. Twitter utilizes "hashtags", which are words or phrases starting with the pound symbol (#). GamerGate was started when Adam Baldwin used the hashtag #GamerGate in reference to one of Internet Aristocrat's Quinnspiracy Theory videos.
Role in Gamergate
In August 2018, Will Wheaton announces that he will leave Twitter on August 17,2018 and calling it D-Day (known as "DeactiDay"), it's because he, fans, and friends do not like how Jack Dorsey and the higher ups refuse to ban Alex Jones, it's because the latter did not break anything in the TOS. 
- On February 28, The Fine Young Capitalists were banned from Twitter for posting a link to their own video series on Gender Studies In Video Games. That ban lasted only for few hours.
- On or before September 7, Twitter banned CameraLady for reporting on Gamergate. As of September 22, the account has not been restored.
- On September 13, atheist commentator Thunderf00t was banned. As of September 22, the account has not been restored.
- In mid-September, Twitter banned one of the accounts of video game commentator Press Fart To Continue.
- In late October, there were many reports of twitter users being spam reported by bots when they posted with the #gamergate tag.
- In 2017, Godfrey Elfwick, a parody account, was permanently banned.
- In 2019, Project Veritas is temporary suspended due to decided that investigative journalism violates their TOS.Cite error: Closing
- ↑ ShortFatOtaku, Indie-fensible - Bigger Fish to Fry!, September 2014, http://knowyourmeme.com/videos/96819-gamergate
- Twitter Censorship of GG Related Tweets 
- Twitter Shadowbans Donald Trump's Tweet 
- Is Twitter DYING (youtube) - 
- Memeology (Twitter/archive) -
- Anime Outsiders (Twitter/achrive) - 
- Twitter Has Just Suspended the Anime Outsiders Twitter Account - 
- James O'Keefe (Twitter/archive) - 
- James O'Keefe: "Breaking News: Twitter has Decided That Investigative Journalism Violates Their TOS" (KIA/archive) -