- 1 GamerGate Wiki:To Do List
- 1.1 Contents
- 1.2 Pages We Need[[[GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&action=edit§ion=1|edit]]]
- 1.3 Need improvement[[[GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&action=edit§ion=2|edit]]]
- 1.4 Public Figures[[[GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&action=edit§ion=3|edit]]]
- 1.5 Useful Links[[[GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&action=edit§ion=4|edit]]]
- 1.6 Point Counterpoint[[[GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&action=edit§ion=5|edit]]]
- 1.7 Harassment[[[GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&action=edit§ion=6|edit]]]
- 1.8 Archive of Posts[[[GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&action=edit§ion=7|edit]]]
- 1.9 Navigation menu
GamerGate Wiki:To Do List
From GamerGate Wiki
(Redirected from Todo)
This page is an informal to do list for the wiki. It can include any project ranging from new pages, editing existing pages, to administrative projects. It is intended as a starting point for new editors and to help editors who are working on the same thing collaborate together. To create a new entry, click "Add Topic" next to the edit button. For the section header type in a brief description of the project. In the body describe the project. If you want to discuss an existing project, edit that section. At the end of all messages type Alleycat (talk) 16:04, 22 January 2018 (CET) which will turn into a timestamped signature when you save.
In general, all the articles need work. This page is used to spotlight articles that people think are important (users can 'Add Topic' as well) and give guidance on how these articles can be improved.
If you have any questions, feel free to:
- Post on our talk pages.
- Post on the /gg/ wiki.gamergate.me thread (if there isn't one, make one)
- Come on irc #gamergate.me (Tutorial - http://gamergate.me/tuts/irc/)
- 1 Pages We Need
- 2 Need improvement
- 3 Public Figures
- 4 Useful Links
- 5 Point Counterpoint
- 6 Harassment
- 7 Archive of Posts
Pages We Need[[[GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&action=edit§ion=1|edit]]]
Feel free to propose more pages.
- The Escapist: Needs summaries for articles
- NicheGamer: Needs summaries for articles
- Reddit: Needs encyclopedic formating
- Jonathan McIntosh: Needs a little bit of everything
I think it would be ideal to have some of the public figures in gamegate put on the wiki
Yes that's a good thing to do. I'm working on an article on zoe quinn that, once I'm finished, can be used as a template for other articles. I'm looking up lots of sources so it's a slow process. Psycho Robot (talk) 17:40, 27 October 2014 (EDT)
Anybody with a link that's useful, but who doesn't know how to put it in an article or can't be assed to do it, can just put it in To Sort, where it will be whisked away to the article of its dreams. Psycho Robot (talk) 20:55, 1 November 2014 (EDT)
I note that there are numerous informal logical fallacies present in many of the anti-gg arguments. A list of these could be compiled with very little effort as there are several of them which are noticeable at a glance—so many, in fact, that a separate Logical Fallacies section (or Page) could be created under (or in addition to) the Point Counterpoint page. Thoughts on this? Greedwell (talk) 01:29, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
I think if in the course of refuting specific points, you encounter a fallacy, it's a good idea to point it out, however I don't think creating a list of fallacies is a good idea. You might be pressured to bend the facts a bit to "catch them all" so to speak. Psycho Robot (talk) 01:36, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
Perhaps the most salient of these would be the straw man, in this instance. In fact, that seems to be the chief modus operandi of their entire opposition. Dismiss the stated goals of the movement, craft a straw man, persuade mainstream media to disseminate. The most prominent product of this methodology would appear to be the 'bigotry' straw man: We're not about rectifying the unethical practices of the gaming media, we're about excommunicating women from the hobby, because all gamers are fat white virginal misogynerds.
That, in and of itself, is one of the most galling fallacies that they have thus far been perpetrating--one which warrants considerable mention in any such point-counterpoint article, I'm sure you'll concur. Berke Stavoy (talk) 02:36, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
Archive of Posts[[[GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&action=edit§ion=7|edit]]]
Retrieved from "http://wiki.gamergate.me/GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&oldid=8517%22
- This page was last modified on 27 February 2015, at 20:58.
- This page has been accessed 2,544 times.
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike unless otherwise noted. Content is available under