|2014:||Before GamerGate • August • September • October • November • December|
|2015:||January • February • March • April • May • June • July • August • September • October • November • December|
|2016:||January • February • March • April • May • June • July • August • September • October • November • December|
|2019:||January • February • March • April • May • June • July • August • September • October • November • December|
- 1 02 Oct 2014
- 2 03 Oct 2014
- 3 04 Oct 2014
- 4 06 Oct 2014
- 5 08 Oct 2014
- 6 09 Oct 2014
- 7 10 Oct 2014
- 8 13 Oct 2014
- 9 14 Oct 2014
- 10 15 Oct 2014
- 11 16 Oct 2014
- 12 17 Oct 2014
- 13 18 Oct 2014
- 14 19 Oct 2014
- 15 20 Oct 2014
- 16 22 Oct 2014
- 17 23 Oct 2014
- 18 24 Oct 2014
- 19 25 Oct 2014
- 20 26 Oct 2014
- 21 27 Oct 2014
- 22 28 Oct 2014
- 23 29 Oct 2014
- 24 30 Oct 2014
- 25 31 Oct 2014
- 26 References
02 Oct 2014
- A user on /r/kotakuinaction who sat in on Eron Gjoni's court case reports that the judge invoked a 209a restraining order against Eron until 2015. The post continued by stating that the judge viewed Eron's intention to publish public court documents as ‘intimidation’ against his ex-girlfriend. The hearing lasted about ten minutes, after which Eron's attorney was sufficiently outraged that he offered to take Eron through a substantial portion of the appeals process pro bono.
- A kotakuinaction politicalcompass.org survey reveals that members of GamerGate tend to fall under the left/libertarian end of the political spectrum.
- TechRaptor interviews indie game developer Jennifer Dawe, who disputes the myth that the gaming industry is hostile/unwelcoming to women.
03 Oct 2014
- GamerGate tweets traffic to the highest point in over a month, likely due to discussion about Intel's decision to drop advertising from Gamasutra.
- 8chan tweets that their site undergone a DDOS attack.
- Github takes down a Gamergate repository. Repository is mirrored on gitorious as an alternative.
- Gitorious announces that they did not find the GamerGate repository to be in any violation of their terms of services.
04 Oct 2014
- The University of Advanced Technology pulls advertising from Gamasutra due to concerns with negative journalism.
06 Oct 2014
- George Reese, Executive Director of Cloud Computing at Dell, tweets that GamerGate is the technology sector's ISIS. The tweet is deleted shortly afterwards.
- Totalbiscuit tweets support for GamerGate.
- Wikipedia admin adds "The neutrality of this article is disputed" disclaimer to their GamerGate page.
08 Oct 2014
- Milo Yiannopoulos conducts an AMA on the Kotaku in Action subreddit.
- Totalbiscuit reveals that advertising agency Plaid Social offered YouTubers deals to receive pre-release copies of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor in return for favorable reviews.
- Jimmy Wales tweets "I'm discovering that the number of jerks advocating for #gamergate is vast."
09 Oct 2014
- Robert Ohlen, the CEO of Dreamhack, the largest LAN party in the world, calls people that support the #GamerGate hashtag "retards" and "asshats" on Twitter.
- T.C. Sottek, Editor for The Verge goes into #burgersandfries IRC channel as basedtc to ask questions. This is after writing an article titled "Stop supporting Gamergate" on the 8th of October.
10 Oct 2014
- Milo Yiannopoulos releases another GameJournosPro article on how games journalists joked about releasing paid reviews and laughed at controversial developer Phil Fish.
- The Escapist releases an article of an interview conducted with Daniel Vavra, developer and co-founder of Warhorse Studios, as well as a supporter of GamerGate.
- David Auerbach author of Slate.com's Bitwise column drops into #burgersandfries IRC channel as trajan to answer any questions.
- The Escapist publishes an article of interviews conducted with game developers titled "What Game Developers Think of #GamerGate". This was later changed to "What Male Game Developers Think of #GamerGate", due to complaints of sexism. One of the studio's interviewed within the article contained both genders therefore a note was added with the following "Exception: Crowned Daemon Studios includes both genders but is grouped with this list.". Interviews of Slade Villena and James Desborough were later removed "due to complaints (accompanied by what appears to be actual evidence)" of harassment.
- William Usher Releases an article about a GameJournoPros leak in which a former GJP member talks about a conflict many conflicts of interests and claiming #Gamergate isn't about ethics because they haven't called them out. 
13 Oct 2014
- Brianna Wu cancels an interview with Milo Yiannopoulos without a previous notice for going to an interview in msnbc, Milo explains the situation in detail on his radio show.
- msnbc(Microsoft and the National Broadcasting Company) covers the Gamergate controversy. Joy Reid invites Eric Johnson writer for "Re/Code," who made claims about sexism in the gaming world and Brianna wu who claimed to receive threats from "Gamergate". Being this the first coverage of gamergate by mainstream media 
14 Oct 2014
- Erik Kain, Frederick Brennan (AKA "Hotwheels"), and Brianna Wu attend a Huffington Live Post segment. Zoe Quinn was originally scheduled to appear, but she canceled her appearance on the show after finding out that she would be speaking alongside the founder of 8Chan.
- Erik Kain and Brianna Wu appear on a BBC world service podcast(Gamergate segment starts at 16:50). Kain describes conflict of interest problems in the gaming industry while Brianna insists that Gamergate is all about sexism.
- Fredrick Brennan, AKA Hotwheels, conducts an AMA on KotakuInAction.
- Wikileaks tweets encouragement for GamerGate and states that media corruption goes up to the top with the BBC and Google. @wikileaks #GamerGate So you found out your media is corrupt. It is. Now go all the way to the top
- NicheGamer releases an article of an interview conducted with two anonymous developers "of iconic pedigree" who support GamerGate.
15 Oct 2014
- Jennie Bharaj, Georgina Young and Jemma Morgan attend a Huffington Live Post segment where they provided perspective on GamerGate from the perspective of three pro-gamer women.
- The New Statesman publishes an article on the deployment of twitterbots to waste the time of misogynist GamerGaters.
- CNN interviews Kotaku writer Evan Narcisse which says #gamergate refers to debates of the definition of video games the gamer indentity and blames threats against Anita Sarkeesian to #Gamergate 
- Richard Quest from CNN Interviews Brianna Wu on the death threats she claimed has received form #GamerGate
- The official Raspberry Pi twitter account endorses the #StopGamerGate2014 hashtag.
16 Oct 2014
- Gawker Writer Sam Biddle tweets that "#GamerGate is reaffirming what we've known to be true for decades: nerds should be constantly shamed and degraded into submission." Biddle later brags that Gawker Senior Editor Max Read gave him a raise for his comment.
17 Oct 2014
- Mercedes Benz confirms that that they would pull advertising from Gawker after hearing about comments from Gawker writer Sam Biddle regarding bullying.
- Bonobos confirmed that they no longer advertise with Gawker despite being listed as a partner at their site.
18 Oct 2014
- William Usher, one of the leakers of the GameJournosPro list, publishes evidence that members of the GameJournoPro group conspired to fire and blacklist then-Destructoid writer Allistar Pinsof after Pinsof warned consumers about corruption in an IndieGoGo campaign.
19 Oct 2014
- Kotakuinaction mods post evidence that the subreddit is being brigaded by gamerghazi and subredditdrama. Reddit admin Ocrasorm states that they are dealing with the users now.
- Totalbiscuit tweets that moderators deleted a thread on /r/games with over 600 comments criticizing Polygon's coverage of Hatred. He also tweets that popular, active threads seem to vanish at random and that a reasonable post criticising Youtubers for lack of disclosure was replied to by several YTers and deleted shortly afterwards.
20 Oct 2014
- BMW pulls advertising support from Gawker.
- Piemonkey, a moderator for r/games, claims that nobody submitted any news articles on the GameJournoPros leaks and that the moderators only removed "opinion pieces" from the subreddit.
22 Oct 2014
- Olympus withdraws advertising support from Gawker.
- Nissan suspends advertising ties with Gawker.
- Max Read, editor in chief of Gawker, publishes an article in which he calls GamerGate "dishonest fascists," calls Intel "craven idiots" and "pusillanimous morons," and states that he is not apologetic for Sam Biddle's Bring Back Bullying comments.
- Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock, publishes a blog entry on how he was smeared by Kotaku after he was hit with false sexual harassment charges
23 Oct 2014
- Jonathan Blow, designer of Braid and The Witness and partner in IndieFund tweets about blacklisting in the gaming industry.
- Youtube personality Sargon of Akkad creates a video illustrating Gamasutra writer Leigh Alexander's lack of ethics in game journalism.
24 Oct 2014
- Digiday, a news site for advertising/PR professionals, runs an article in which EA spokesperson John Reseburg states that EA has pulled advertising from Gawker. The article also indicates that Discover has also ceased advertising with Gawker, but does not provide a source.
- @idlediletante, an associate of Zoe Quinn, files a false police report with the LAPD against Mike Cernovich. Cernovich leaves his house to avoid potentially getting SWATed and tweets that he will pursue legal action against @idlediletante.
- KingofPol tweets that he was doxxed and sent a knife in the mail.
- Game design consultant Ernest Adams, founder of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA), threatens pro-GamerGate indie developers, stating "If you're an indie developer and you are supporting #GamerGate, watch what you say. Your future business is at stake." Shortly afterwards, the official IGDA twitter distanced themselves from Adams, stating "though @ErnestWAdams founded IGDA 20 yrs ago, [he] has not been involved for 15+ yrs".
- Allistair Pinsof (formerly fired from Destructoid after a secret GamesJournoPros discussion) tweets that the moderators at /r/Games turned down an offer for him to conduct an AMA there.
- General Motors responds to emails, stating bullying of any kind should not be tolerated. GM continued to state that they do not have any sponsorships with Gawker Media nor do they conduct business or have any plans for the future. Any GM brand ads seen on Gawker would have been purchased through a network based on reaching a targeted audience.
- Colgate pulls ads from Gawker.
- Jason Schreier of Kotaku admits his involvement in "GamesJournoPros" on Twitter.
- The Yellow Box blog runs a two part article describing #gamergate and the ensuing site boycott as a "business and advertising nightmare: part mixture of wasted ad budgets, part wasted time, and part wasted energy" and mentions that gaming publications were previously viewed as safe bets for marketing and advertising money, but that no longer seems to be the case.
25 Oct 2014
- The GamerGate Wikipedia article is unblocked for editing. Edits of the article spike, though, the "The neutrality of this article is disputed" tag remains. As of 27 Oct 2014, WikiProject Feminism has GamerGate listed as their #1 hot article with 329 edits in the last 3 days.
- Allistair Pinsof conducts an AMA on reddit.
- Ernest Adams Tweets confirm blacklisting is happening in the gaming industry.
- Dale North, Editor In Chief of Destructoid, announces his resignation on Tumblr.
- Robert Ohlen, CEO of Dreamhack, is forced to step down as CEO.
26 Oct 2014
27 Oct 2014
- KingofPol tweets that someone falsely claimed he was suicidal on a 911 call and had emergency services sent to his house.
- David Pakman interviews Brianna Wu to discuss #Gamergate and the threats against her; Brianna ends up accusing David of conducting a hit piece interview.
28 Oct 2014
- Kelloggs stops advertising with Gawker.
- David Auerbach publishes an article urging the gaming press to end GamerGate by address existing ethical problems in the gaming industry.
- Jimmy Wales posts on a Wikipedia talk page that collusion exists in the gaming journalism industry after he viewed information on GameJournoPros. "Having looked at the leaked emails, I would say that the allegations of collusion are largely and obviously true. So there's not really any justification for us to go further than "denied".--Jimbo Wales (talk) 13:39, 28 October 2014 (UTC)"
- David Pakman interviews Breitbart reporter Milo Yiannopoulos to give his side of the story with regard to an interview with Brianna Wu that never took place, and to give his view on #gamergate.
29 Oct 2014
- The original doxxing of TFYC is linked to a writer named Jonathan Ross. Ross was found to have used the alias "Aerox47" on Destructoid and Twitter. Zoe Quinn + Maya Kramer had retweeted the original doxx, but were not otherwise connected. When questioned, the owner of Destructoid, Yanier “Niero” Gonzalez, stated that “Ross was never an employee, just a smart guy from our community who pointed out typos. He was active a long time ago, maybe 5 years ago." However, Aerox’s profile on Destructoid indicated he was active as recently as November 2013.
- David Pakman interviews Pro-gg and gamer Jennie Bharaj to discuss her views on the issues of video game journalistic corruption, fraud, and more.
30 Oct 2014
- Mother Jones editor Ben Dreyfuss tweets that "it would be funny to play pinata with the bodies of white straight men who hung themselves" while talking about #gamergate.
- David Pakman interviews Gaming comentator and critic John Bain aka TotalBiscuit to discuss #GamerGate, Journalistic ethics, harassment, gifts, bribes and more.
31 Oct 2014
- Mozilla's The Open Standard publishes a opinion piece criticizing GamerGate.
|2014:||Before GamerGate • August • September • October • November • December|
last modified on 15 February 2015, at 18:35.