- 1 The Verge
- 1.1 Role in GamerGate[[[index.php?title=The_Verge&action=edit§ion=1|edit]]]
- 1.2 Unethical practices[[[index.php?title=The_Verge&action=edit§ion=2|edit]]]
- 1.3 References[[[index.php?title=The_Verge&action=edit§ion=3|edit]]]
- 1.4 Navigation menu
From GamerGate Wiki
This article is a stub:
It is very small and that makes us sad. Please help us expand it.
[[index.php?title=File:The_Verge_logo.png|The Verge logo.png]]
The Verge is an American technology news and media network operated by Vox Media with offices in Manhattan, New York. The network publishes news items, long form feature stories, product reviews, podcasts, and an entertainment show.
Role in GamerGate[[[index.php?title=The_Verge&action=edit§ion=1|edit]]]
Besides being one of the sites engaging in censorship, The Verge has also run a number of hit pieces on GamerGate. YouTube celebrity TotalBiscuit has tweeted about the site's injection of gender politics into articles.
It was noted around January 24, 2015, that the site uses undisclosed affiliate links in an article as well as using Skimlinks as a referral service which is a clear violation of FTC rules and should be reported. Furthermore, their current FAQ on disclosure doesn't meet FTC (minimum) guidelines, and the site has no mention about cookies in their ethics statement.
Retrieved from "http://wiki.gamergate.me/index.php?title=The_Verge&oldid=8434%22
- This page was last modified on 25 February 2015, at 22:25.
- This page has been accessed 431 times.
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike unless otherwise noted. Content is available under