TV Tropes is a wiki that collects and expands descriptions and examples of various conventions and devices (tropes) found within creative works. Since its establishment in 2004, the site has shifted focus from covering only television and film tropes to covering those in other types of media such as literature, comics, video games, music, advertisements, and toys.
Full of censorship, outdated memes, people that don't know about what they are talking about and SJW narratives.
Main alternative to this website is called All The Tropes.
Fast Eddie, was the mysterious found who helped start Tv Tropes back in 2004 as a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan site, pointing out the tropes which appears in the show alone; the site eventually expanded to include hundreds and thousands of entries, covering other forms of media, like video games, films, anime, and comics. He was the main admin for a decade before retiring, placing two administrators in his place: Drewski and Icdtr.
The Google Incident/The Situation
October 26, 2010, was when Fast Eddie finds that there's no more advertisement on the Tv Tropes site. It's because Google disable the adsense without warning. After investigating he drops the news that Google deems Tv Tropes as family unfriendly, because of some of its content. Once the "Not Safe For Google" (aka NSFG) content, like rape, sexual harassment, fetish fuel, and other similar tropes got removed, placing them behind a Curtain (a click-through confirmation system), until further notice and when Google restores the ad revenue.
The Second Google Incident
Another incident occurred, known as the "Second Google Incident," has Tv Tropes scrambling to make ends meet. They already put down the problematic pages just to meet with Google's policies, start and find other means and advertisers (and to not be overtly reliant on Google); though doing this was not enough. This forced Tv Tropes to make a new policy, called the "Posse for Prevention of Pedophilia and Pure Porn" (Aka the "Panel to Purge Pornography, Pedophilia, and Perversity" or the "Panel Preventing Perversity, Pornography, and Pedoshit." No one's sure anymore) and formed a group of five members to enforce these new rules. - They are Adannor, Dr. Psyche, JHM, Discar, and a soon to be announce fifth member.
Role In Gamergate
On August 19, 2014 TV Tropes moderator Blackcat locked a discussion thread about Zoe Quinn. On September 18, 2014, TV Tropes moderator Fighteer removed the mention of Gamergate from the Streisand Effect article and threatened to ban any user who brought up the subject. The subject remained up as an example of Internet Counterattack and Scandalgate. Tiny evidence is mention is all that remains of it in the Internet Counterattack involving Zoe Quinn, since all the references in the Scandelgate example were destroyed.
On September 19, 2014, a debate was starting about Gamergate, Social Justice Warriors, gamers, and not wanting to generalize anyone associated with those groups. Fighteer put the "Video Games Journalism" thread on cooldown lock, just to review if any of the posts merit more action, to put his foot down on any shitstorm here and now.
In 2015, SeptimusHeap deleted Gamergate and the whole "Audience Reaction" parts from the Internet Counterattack trope page, stating that the page is only about the fictional "In Universe" usage.
It was then discovered in 2018, by MikiSayaka33, that the "World War 2/Awesome" page, was removed due to "cautious editing" in Tv Tropes sometime around October 2011  Which tells what KotakuInAction suspected for a while about the encroaching radical feminism and cultural Marxism that was creeping and enveloping the trope website, an aftermath of the two Google Incidents, was that the Tv Tropers hate individual valor, and the West. (The tropers that left Tv Tropes or were ban were replaced by the likes of those from Rational Wiki and SJWs, were they gain a huge influence).
True Neutral No Longer
In 2018, according to a troper, Chasem, Star Wars Episode 8, was the most progressive movie and is very much needed - Due to Donald Trump winning the 2016 election. Stating that The Last Jedi is pure and unabashingly "liberal" and pro-women (for some weird reason, since women, minorities, aliens, and the LGBTQ characters were never pushed out or excluded). Even comparing the current administration to the "Big Cats" in Canto Bight According to LightDragnman1, a reddit user, this review also reflects what the Tv Tropers' current reasoning and mentality that's becoming more apparent in recent years.
In January 2019, a Tv Tropes editor tried to make a forum topic to talk about non-left ideas and such. One of the mods answered:
“This could be an interesting topic. I'm not sure that the forums can handle it maturely, though. It's always blown up in the past. I'm going to have to decline it, unfortunately.“
"Everything is political. Always. Because when we say "political" in this context, what we really mean is "cultural." And every piece of media contributes to culture. Captain Marvel is not political, in the sense that neither the film nor anybody involved is running for public office. But it is a step forward in a cultural revolution which has been going for some time, in which white men's privilege of majority representation is being steadily eroded for the sake of giving everyone else a fair shake. And there are many white men pushing back against this. Representation is a culture war that springs up every single time a movie starring women or minorities comes into existence."
"I hope Captain Marvel actually is political in more than one sense. I really want to see the war by proxy aspect being explored properly. And yes, there is a cultural war going on, but I think in a world in which Disney organizes a gay pride parade in one of their parks, I think we can safely say that those right-wingers are whining over a cultural shift which is already happening, and that in the larger scheme of things, actual policies are the ore important battle field. And don't get me wrong here: examining the cultural impact of movies is important. Trying to sink a movie before it even got released or got reviewed is not, it's just pathetic."
In May 2019, Tv Tropes' ideological biases getting in the way of writing simple pages, for example the "Game of Thrones" entries spiral down into whining and complaining about feminism and politics, even twisting facts. - This hits one in the head like a jackhammer, even with just a casual browse.
In June 2019, redditor, LightDragonman1, attempted to start a discussion topic in Tv Tropes' forums. - Trying to get the mods to approved of it. Where he asked if social justice has gotten out of hand recently, bringing up several problems, like the #MeToo evolving into a witch hunt, demonizing traditional masculinity, censorship of anything that's deem as sexy, etc). One of the mods responded with "I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole." The thread was locked and there was no discussion, however topics discussing sexism, leftist politics against Trump are okay apparently. Another person in another thread responded when LD asked a similar question.
"People are on average tired of conservatives moralizing and going "if you don't live the way I want you to live, you'll go to hell a sinner." Like, I've had conservatives who've saw fit to say my stringer shirts and short shorts at the gym are "sinful" and "wrong". Whenever Conservatism comes up, it's ALWAYS in the context of "get back in the closet, don't deviate from established norms, obey the status quo no matter what". And people just do not want to live that way any more."
Not realizing that the tropers became the left-leaning cousins of the same "You're going to hell, Sinner." Conservatives.
In July 2019, it was shown that some of the tropers supported Antifa and were even gloating at what happened at Portland. - Even laughing at some of the victims, who are not all Conservative. The tropers don't consider quick drying cement in milkshakes as assault and just hand waving it off. Next the tropers went back to praising far left Democrats.
- Trope-tan is the mascot/ personification of Tv Tropes, she was drawn by Fawriel, a Vigilante Taxonomist. Her pet is Tropey, the Wonder Dog.
- In All The Tropes, they affectionately calls Tv Tropes "The Other Tropes Wiki."
- Tv Tropes has a Steam Group, called Tropers, it's brought to us by the Omniscient Council of Vagueness: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/tropers
- Fans that love both Tv Tropes and Warhammer 40000 made a Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tvt40kgroup
- Tv Tropes bans any troper who brings up "Fuck No, Tv Tropes." A tumblr blog that showed a small sample of the darkness of what goes on behind the scenes. - The problems which the blog highlights are still relevant today.
- Tropes HQ - About Us
- Tv Tropes (KYM)
- The Google Incident (Tv Tropes/archive)-
- Folks, What's Your Opinion On This? (TVT/archive) - 
- Folks, What's Your Opinon On This? (TVT) - 
- Video Game Journalism (TVT/archive) - 
- TIL: TVT Has Forums and They're Censored (KIA/archive) - 
- TIL:TVT Has Forums and They're Censored (See Mod: Fighteer's Comment) (KIA) - 
- Internet Counterattack History (Tv Tropes/archive) -
- Tv Tropes Removed Almost All Examples From Internet Counterattack (KiA/archive)-
- Awesome/World War 2 (TVT/archive) - 
- Cut:Awesome/World War 2"? (TVT/archive) - 
- All The Tropes: World War 2/Awesome (KIA) - 
- All The Tropes: World War 2/Awesome (KIA/archive) - 
- The Last Jedi Review (TV Tropes/archive) - 
- You Know, I Feel That This Review (KIA)- 
- You Know, I Feel That This Review (KIA/archive) - 
- Conservatives and Liberals Divide on TLJ (archive) - 
- Just In Case TVT Wasn't SJW Enough - 
- "Tv Tropers Believe A "Cultural Revolution" is Happening, and That It's a Good Thing (KIA/archive) - 
- "Tv Tropers Believe A "Cultural Revolution" is Happening, and That It's a Good Thing (KIA)- 
- MCU forum (TVT/archive) - 
- MCU forum (TVT) - 
- TVTs' Ideological Biases and Butchering Are Becoming So Obvious - 
- TVTs' Ideological Biases Are Butchering Are Becoming So Obvious (KIA/archive) - 
- More Problems With TVT (KIA/archive) - 
- More Problems With TVT (KIA) - 
- TV Tropers Users on the Antifa Portland Incident (KIA) - 
- TV Tropers Users on the Antifa Portland Incident (KIA/archive)- 
- SCP-4455 (SCP) - 
- SCP-4455 (SCP/archive) - 
- Regarding the "Unperson" Entry (ATT/archive) -