Role in Gamergate
In November 19, 2007, Ubisoft hired an attorney and sued some of the Goons for posting a link that led to a pornographic parody cartoon that's based on one of their lead designers, Jade Raymond. The French company demanded that the obscene image be immediately removed and the goon's identity to be turned over.
Lowtax signed up for reddit after seeing KotakuInAction's thread talking about the sjws accused him of being a pedophile.  Just to clarify some things, like "He never said anything positive about furries in the 10 years" that he knew Shmorky, the latter never lived with him or stayed at his house, and ceased doing videos with Smorky.
In 2015, carpetalist found out that every Gamergate thread gets nuked, through the means of subterfuge and Lowtax was no where to be found.
In September 2015, thesquibblyone, a redditor, posted in KotakuInAction, that Something Awful had an "open day", just to remind Gamergate and Not Your Shield to take advantage of the browsing without paying opportunity and to get archiving what they can see.
In September 21, 2015, Lowtax tweeted "Dear reddit, keep your fucking crazy ass Gamergaters off Something Awful. If possible also place them in a room filled with carbon monoxide." He accused the members of KotakuIn Action of attempting to crash the forums, he refused to answer after some are requiring proof about these claims.
In May 26, 2016, Bob Mackey (aka Bobservo) penned an article criticizing James Rolfe, who stated that he won't see and review the upcoming Ghostbusters movie.A Day Late and A Dollar Short (KIA/archive) - </ref>
It's members are called "Goons."
- Something Awful (KYM) - 
- Something Awful (KYM/archive)-
- Ubisoft Looking to Do Something Awful To...SA Over Jade Raymond Parody Cartoon (NSFW?) - 
- Zoe Quinns Beloved SA Seems to Have Had Some Fairly Lowbrow Opinions on Female VG Developers in 2007 (KIA/archive) - 
- Glamour (archive)-
- SA Goons, Something Awful (8chan/archive) - 
- SA Goons, Something Awful (KIA/archive) - 
- SA's Helldump Forum Poster "Zoe Quinn" Sez" (KIA/archive) - 
- SJWs Are Going After lowtax (KiA/archive) - 
- Lowtax's Response (Reddit/archive) - 
- It's Ridiculous Sites Are Prohibiting (Twitter/archive) - 
- Lowtax Tweets Against Censorship (KIA/archive) - 
- CatGate: The Search for Ethics in Cat Journalism (SA/archive) - 
- SA Rips Into Us (KIA/archive) - 
- Lowtax's Response to Being Mentioned In the FBI's GG Investigation (KIA/archive)-
- Oh, Shit I'm Getting Busted by the Man (Twitter/archive) - 
- SA Forums and GG (KIA/archive) - 
- Something Awful Having "Open Day" (KIA/archive) - 
- SA forums (archive) - 
- Dear Reddit (tweet/archive) - 
- So Why Are GGers Trying to Crash SA, Exactly (KIA/archive) - 
- Total Biscuit (SA forums/archive) - 
- Did Someone Say to Call Out the People Cheering About the TB Cancer Return? (KIA/archive) - 
- Nine Reasons I Won't Be Reviewing the New GB Movie (SA/archive) -
- Person Sent A Tip to Brianna Wu (KIA) -
- A GG Person Sent a Tip To Brianna Wu (Tweet/archive) - 
- Person Sent A Tip to Brianna Wu (KIA/archive) - 
- Something Awful (All The Tropes/archive) - 
- Something Awful Group (archive) -