Type Video games forum
Resetera is a video games forum founded by former members of the NeoGAF forum, after allegations of sexual harassment against the owner of NeoGAF Tyler Malka led to a mass exodus of moderators and users seeking a replacement forum. Before its creation, the community used Discord chat servers to organize itself.
The ResetEra forum is based on the XenForo forum platform. Security has been an important focus of the forum's administrators and developers in anticipation of potential disruptions from GamerGate and alt-right communities.
Within the first week, ResetEra had over 25,000 active members and over 300,000 posts.
Role in Gamergate
ResetEra will ban anyone who says ANYTHING POSITIVE about Daniel Vavra, a pro-Gamergate developer who made Kingdom Come: Deliverance, even saying that he designed a good game will even result in an instant ban. Since they aren't please that a "racist and sexist" Gamergator's game sold better in its' first weekend.
Some time in February, ResetEra got Chylinski, a Subnautica's sound designer, fired. By digging through his tweets and finding that he was trolling and even retweeted Paul Joseph Watson.  
In October 23, 2018, some of the members of ResetEra just doxxed some CD Projekt RED/GOG employees because of a tweet that was posted in Twitter hashtag that was already politically charge, this also made numerous game journalists team up with ResetEra calling for the game company to fire the social media managers.
- ResetEra FAQs (archive) -
- Daniel Vavra Tweet (archive) - 
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Sells Million Copies in First Week - 
- Subnautica's Sound Designer is Apparently Racist and Transphobic (archive) - 
- So. I Just Got Fired (archive) - 
- The Good Folks at ResetEra are trying to get a Dev Fired (archive) - 
- Controversial Firings of Guild Wars 2 (ResetEra/archive) - 
- CD Projekt Red Employees Doxxed & Harassed by Games Journalist Mob (Hype Break/Youtube) -