Projects talk:Operation Baby Seal
I notice that the Sam Biddle section is inconsistent between Amazon and Google, e.g. formatting. Can someone with the right privileges please take a look at that?
- The formatting is based on the terms from each website. Amazon has their terms listed out using letter bullets. Google just has a header above each section. I imagine the decision to have them formatted in this way was so employes can compare the list of violations to their list of rules and have them look as similar as possible. By the way, anybody can edit the page, edits just need to be approved before they're published to the main page. Psycho Robot (talk) 13:57, 28 October 2014 (EDT)
Look, I don't know how Wiki edits work and I'm not a prominent member of GG, so I'll just post it here. The examples given are NOT sexually explicit. According to most laws, for something to be sexually explicit, it has to portray unsimulated sex acts and show uncovered genitalia. The pictures there are all censored and blacked out. Therefore, they are NOT sexually explicit. Stop sending emails about that, or we'll all look like fucking retards. Also, an article discussing pedophilia doesn't mean it's "approving pedophilia". All it says is that pedophiles should be urged to seek psychiatric help instead of being stigmatised, which makes them even more reluctant to seek help, and thus more children are raped. Stop with the sensationalistic bullshit. We shouldn't be pushing for moral authoritarianism. We're supposed to be pro-free-speech. 184.108.40.206 01:38, 3 November 2014 (EST)
- Sorry for the late reply. The page has undergone a number of revisions since you saw it. I expect it perhaps indicated that the links were all sexually explicit at one point, however the terms of service in general prohibit sexual content. Even though the links are not sexually explicit, they are sexual in nature and therefore they could be construed as a breech of agreement. Psycho Robot (talk) 00:33, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
Clarify some things for me plz
Hello, comprehensive mailing list anon here. I've checked through this list hoping to plagiarize all of your hard work and generally speaking everything here appears to be above board, but there's one or two things that I just want to check first:
- If you look at the original info dump posted on KiA by web-dev anon, you'll notice it lists "IMR Worldwide" and "Vizu" separately. But if you look at the bottom of this page and google "IMR Worldwide/Red Sheriff", you'll notice that they are all subsidiaries of Nielsen. I propose that you should therefore list them as "Nielsen / IMR Worldwide / Vizu" as they appear to all share the same ToS policies.
- My list as of right now is not as up-to-date as yours and is missing some things, but it contains Cloudflare, eXelate, go-mpulse.net / SOASTA, and Scorecardresearch whereas yours does not. I'm wondering whether they were consciously removed for some reason or other and whether I should as well, or if you're simply lacking a bit of information that I've got (in which case feel free to add that in). 220.127.116.11 00:15, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- I think combining them is a good idea. You can just label it "Nielsen (IMR Worldwide, Vizu)" to keep the format similar to what I did in ODN.
- AdAdvisor is a partner/subsidiary of MediaMath. See: https://open.mediamath.com/partners/adadvisor
- Go ahead and add them if you want. I can't see any evidence of them being removed. Perhaps someone just forgot. Psycho Robot (talk) 00:33, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
According to an anonymous post on 8chan, Scosby has complained about the emails addressed to their employer and has asked to be removed from the mailing list. So I've looked into it and their job title is 'VP of Marketing'. To go over their head you'd probably want the 'Senior VP of Marketing' (email@example.com), President and CEO of Soasta (firstname.lastname@example.org), or chairman and founder (email@example.com).18.104.22.168 19:59, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- Where did you find this information? Swapping one private email address they don't what the public knowing for another isn't likely to win us any favors. Psycho Robot (talk) 20:05, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
If you google the addresses, you'll find that two of the three are attached to publicly available press-releases. The one that doesn't come up by googling it is the one for the chairman and founder (which you can guess pretty easily if it follows the same format as the rest). The original email address for scosby is public as well.22.214.171.124 20:28, 6 December 2014 (UTC)