Operation Chinese Winter
Note to Anyone: Their needs to be tricks to get the Battle. net accounts deleted without giving private information.
|Type: Mailing campaign , Social Media, Awareness Campaign|
|Leader: Erin Carson|
|Founder: Erin Carson|
Operation #ChineseWinter is our reminder to Blizzard Activision that we are #StillAlive . The censorship of gamers to benefit the People’s Republic of China, is unacceptable. Gamers have long been as familiar as anyone with the sting of censorship. One of our brothers has fallen. Let’s revive him.
Vivian reminds you that she is still alive. Non Feather version. This is an awareness campaign. Embrace the power of memetic warfare.
Spread the word on Social media. Change your avatar and your banner to a Chinese flag imposed over your avatar (may change). Post relevant things to the Hashtags in this blog post. Include it in your new art, humor, and your other memes. Also, besides using Mei-Ling Zhou, use other characters, like Hello Kitty and Mickey Mouse, to become Hong Kong's mascots; because these characters are huge over in China and it will force them to ban them, the products, and the whole companies.
Talk about it. With friends family members and coworkers, talk about the chilling effect of censorship and how it effects gaming / sports.
Seek out and sign petitions relevant to the cause.
Operation is straight forward. Mix and match images if you have them.The included images imply that "We do not do censorship here."
- Spread this: Liberate HK Mei
- Recommend Blizzard Entertainment's rivals' games, like Gods Unleashed (Hearthstone), Team Fortress 2 (Overwatch), and so forth.
- There is a post on KIA Chat
- Erin Carson has a personal blog post about this.
- Erin Carson is available on Twitter, but that should not be necessary.
How to Submit a Fake ID
Since Blizzard's tech support involves submitting a Government ID (If you're an adult), a birth certificate (If you're a parent of a minor or teenager), driver's license, learner's permit, passport, health card (for Aussies, New Zealanders, and Canadians), or a voter registration card in order to delete your account. Here's how to submit a fake ID:
Make the ID in photoshop, for some reason they also accept it. Make everything fake: picture, address, date of birth, issue date, expiration date, and so forth, except for your real name (Due to it being attach to your account). Note: You have 30 days to review the picture and to approve or deny, otherwise your account is not deleted.
If Tech Support Asks
If the customer tech support guys request what's your reasons of why you want a permament account deletion, POLITELY clarified that you're never supporting and buying from them, because of the Hearthstone incident, the weibo "We're sorry, China." apology, that Blizzard supporting a foreign government body that's horrible to both foreigners and natives (especially regarding free speech and human rights), and being hypocritical towards the West. Also, POLITELY means professional language, little to no cursing.
- GG Operation: Chinese Winter (Erin Carson/wordpress) - 
- GG Operation: Chinese Winter (Erin Carson/wordpress/archive) - 
- GG Operation: Chinese Winter Operation Page (KIA Chatroom) - 
- I Always Think You Guys Can Do More (Tumblr) - 
- Riot Appears to Censor "Hong Kong" (dotesports) - 
- Riot Appears to Censor HK (KIA) - 
- FYI - You Do NOT Need to Submit Your Photo ID (r/fuckblizzard/freezepage) - 
- FYI - You Do NOT Need to Submit Your Photo ID(r/fuckblizzard) - 
- Providing Government Issued Identification (Blizzard) - 
- Providing Government Issued Identification (Blizzard/freezepage) -