New York Times
Role In Gamergate
On October 16 2014, the New York Times published an article by Nick Wingfield which editors gave the misleading headline "Feminist Critics of Video Games Facing Threats in 'GamerGate' Campaign". The article was placed by the Bohle Company of Sue Bohle, the PR representative of Kate Edwards of IGDA.
The New York Times received and published letters from three people connecting alleged harassment of Sarkeesian with those concerned about collusion and falsehoods in the media:
- Vander Caballero, founder and CEO of Minority Media
- Joshua Eschen of Lawrence Township, New Jersey
- Ruta Sevo, retired National Science Foundation senior program officer for Research on Gender in Science and Engineering.
Following the publication of this headline, most major media refused to mention any allegations of close relationships and undisclosed collusion between writers and developers, and would instead falsely claim that Gamergate was a harassment campaign.
- The New York Times article gave favorable coverage to Anita Sarkeesian of Feminist Frequency whose writer Jonathan McIntosh had previously worked for Mimi Ito, the sister of New York Times board member Joichi Ito.
- Anita Sarkeesian had previously been highlighted by several of the Gamers are Dead articles which had proven collusion between the writers of multiple publications.
- Sue Bohle is the longtime PR representative for Microsoft and handles PR for the Game Developers Conference and Penny Arcade Expo.
- Kate Edwards and multiple members of IGDA were present in OpGamergate, an aborted Anonymous operation to target people discussing Gamergate.
- Kate Edwards and the FBI had been working since July 2014 on a project "to combat online harassment", specifically mentioning Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn. 
Board of Directors
Board of Directors as of March 2015: 
- Arthur O. Sulzberger, Jr. - Director since 1997, chairman, publisher
- Michael Golden - Director since 1997, Vice Chairman
- Mark Thompson - Director since 2012, President & Chief Executive Officer
- Steven B. Green - Director since 2012
- Joichi Ito - Director since 2012
- Brian P. McAndrews - Director since 2012
- Carolyn D. Greenspon - Director since 2010
- Robert E. Denham - Director since 2008.
- James A. Kohlberg - Director since 2008
- Doreen A. Toben - Director since 2004
- David E. Liddle - Director since 2000
- Raul E. Cesan - Director since 1999
- Ellen R. Marram - Director since 1998
- Nick Wingfield, Feminist Critics of Video Games Facing Threats in 'GamerGate' Campaign, New York Times, October 16 2014, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/16/technology/gamergate-women-video-game-threats-anita-sarkeesian.html
- The Bohle Company, The New York Times’ Nick Wingfield Speaks with Kate Edwards of the IGDA About GamerGate, October 22 2014, http://www.bohle.com/uncategorized/the-new-york-times-nick-wingfield-speaks-with-kate-edwards-of-the-igda-about-gamergate/ https://archive.is/xkTz9
- Cardboard Box A, Don't post in this thread you idiots. It's about twitter drama, Something Awful, Oct 16 2014, http://archive.fo/fS6H8
- Letters (Archive)- 
- Mimi Ito, Peer-Based Learning in a Networked Age, May 13 2010, https://archive.is/qByhZ
- About Us, The Bohle Company, http://www.bohle.com/about-us/ https://archive.is/qOsPG
- Brian Crecente, FBI working with game developer association to combat online harassment, Polygon, September 4, 2014, http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/4/6105185/fbi-game-developer-harassment https://archive.fo/iafN4
- Board of Directors, New York Times Company, http://www.nytco.com/board-of-directors/ https://archive.is/Z1yY6