Christina Hoff Sommers
|Christina Hoff Sommers|
Dr. Christina Hoff Sommers is a former philosophy professor, writer, and classical liberal feminist, who is critical of modern 'gender feminism'. She is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. She found herself a supporter of GamerGate due to the fact that those feminists, who oppose GamerGate, are precisely the type of feminists that are at the center of her critiques.Template:Citation Needed
History of Involvement
Christina Hoff Sommers released a video titled "Are Video Games Sexist?" on September 16, 2014. The video was criticized twice by Polygon and once by Kotaku. Sommers responded, calling Kotaku's piece an "attack article," noting that her name was spelled incorrectly three separate times within, and demanded that Stephen Totilo, the "blogger" who wrote the piece correct the errors. Sommers also released a video titled "What critics of GamerGate get wrong" on October 27, 2014. Sommers appeared on MSNBC's Ronan Farrow Daily to discuss GamerGate. On October 31, 2014 Sommers was interviewed live on stream by KingOfPol about GamerGate and her previous MSNBC interview.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MxqSwzFy5w Are video games sexist?
- https://archive.today/BQbD7 Conservative group issues video lambasting gaming's feminist critics
- https://archive.today/HRdAt The reactionaries are just plain wrong about gaming's future
- https://archive.today/sg5kH Critic Argues That Game Culture Is For Guys
- https://twitter.com/CHSommers/status/512342135384064000 Christina Hoff Sommers Tweet
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RVlCvBd21w What critics of GamerGate get wrong
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4NEQm5lUqM MSNBC - #Gamergate Interview with Christina Hoff Sommers (Oct 28 2014)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yefi6OsTPg @kingofpol #Gamergate stream with @CHSommers