This article is a stub:
It is very small and that makes us sad. Please help us expand it.
Owner Jonah Peretti
Editor-in-Chief Ben Smith
On September 1, Buzzfeed viral politics editor George Kerrigan (@gewqk) announced that he would fire all employees who listed "videogames" as a hobby at the time of their recruitment. Encyclopedia Dramatica identifies @gewqk as Buzzfeed CEO Jonah Peretti.
- 8/04/26 - $1,000,000 from Priorities USA Action
- 9/28/16 - $500,000 from Priorities USA Action
- 10/31/16 - $25,000 from Americans for Responsible Solutions PAC
Brian Cates comments: 
- Let me try to explain how out of the ordinary this is. There's always 1 PAC super desperate to get an ad run that is gonna way overpay for it, and that's what happened in 2016 when a group called CONSERVATIVE, AUTHENTIC, RESPONSIVE LEADERSHIP FOR YOU AND FOR AMERICA paid the NYT's $118k to run an ad. Then ANOTHER group called IT'S THE COURT STUPID ended up paying a whopping $85,000 to the NYT's to get it's own ad run in the paper. But after that? Nothing. All the NYT's took in that cycle was < $200,000. Now, let's look at the Washington Post. How much $ did THEY get in the 2016 election cycle from ad buys from PACs/political groups? WaPo took in $91k from the Democracy & Progress PAC to run an ad. After that? A massive dropoff. Next highest is Hoyer for Congress, $9,676.
- 2xwide_dreaming, https://twitter.com/2xwide_dreaming/status/1120699907403321344 https://archive.ph/2RjHp
- drawandstrike (Brian Cates), Twitter thread, 4:21 PM 23 Apr 2019 https://twitter.com/drawandstrike/status/1120830188093353991 https://archive.ph/zF75L