Anime News Network
|Anime News Network|
Role in Gamergate
Anime News Network in one cold December 17, 2014, stated that Gamergate was formed over complaints about "social justice warriors," controlling game journalism and colluding with developers, yet was "absurd and poorly substantiated" yet it can be broken down to its basic elements according to Todd Ciolek, but its also still going on and leaving terror in its wake: "people were harassed, other people lost jobs, and companies pulled ads from websites.
In June 6, 2018, Anime News Network made a list on some of the unique yet interesting light novels, that are not yet translated. Kim Morrissy classified some of them through a feminist and Western lens, like "The Witch of Tata" (which was the 24th Grand Prize winner) were she also surmise that the fantasy "isekai was also a social commentary documentary. "And Despite some tacky moments, it's ultimately more thoughtful than you'd expect about the social pressures that face young adults in Japan." Also, stating that a Dengeki Bunko title, "86", was about "a white supremacist nation" that removed the rights and citizenship of minorities and sends them to fight drone. "The plot follows a group of child soldiers, which is commanded from afar by a well-intentioned yet painfully priviled handler."
Triggered By the Shield Hero
During December 26, 2018, Zac Bertschy tweeted was "Is Everyone ready for "Rising of the Shield Hero Discourse?" Do people really know what that shit is actually about yet?"...Zac's suggested that the anime and manga be toned down, since he didn't like the idea of the "Shield Hero's chief motivation...Is a dude getting revenge against a lady for making a false rape accusation against him and has a harem of slave women." One of the Tweets called him out that he "don't seem to express it or even act like somebody who knows the subject they're whining about."
Anime News Network's reviews of "The Rise of the Shield Hero", was trashed frontwards and backwards, claiming that the the whole manga and anime is entirely misogynous, stating that they wished for the Myne plot to be cut out entirely (Even if it was, the whole anime and manga was a "waste of time"). Even stating that the "trial is eerily similar to several paranoid conspiratorial memes about feminists I've seen online", "...Articulating the resentment of a million boys angry that simple kindness did not equal sexual interest from a woman."
In January 2019, Justin Sevakis was insanely triggered by the plot of "Rise of the Shield Hero", a manga and anime about Naofumi, who became a victim of a false rape accusation.  Now claimed that Emma Bowers, sexually harassed him for years and it's only now that she included his name in her own special list of accused sexual offenders..
- KURODUFAIYAH! (ANN/archive) - 
- ANN: Absolute and Cutter Shit Even Since 2003 (ANNinACtion/archive) - 
- ANN: Absolute and Cutter Shit Even Since 2003 (ANNinACtion)- 
- The X BUtton (ANN/archive) - 
- ANN Gives GG a Mention (KiA/archive) - 
- The Best Light Novels Not Yet in English (ANN/archive) - 
- RotSH Discourse (Twitter/archive) - 
- The Rise of the Shield Hero review (ANN/archive) - 
- No, Anime News Network, Rising of the Shield Hero's Premise Isn't Misogynistic (UEM) - 
- I Have Been A Target of a Years-Long Harassment Campaign (Twitter/archive)-
- The Founder of ANN, Who Threw A Hissy Fit About an Anime Where a Woman Falsely Accuses a Man of Sexual Assault (KiA/archive) - 
- (KiA/archive) - 
- "Far From Perfect"(archive) - 
- ANN Goes All-In (KiA) - 
- Anime News Nina! (ANN/archive) -
- Jadress (ANN/archive) -