#GamerGate + #NotYourShield [#GG + #NYS]: --- Edition
>Feminist Frequency is dead
>Buzzfeed News is shutting down
>The Gamer Praises Censorship in ‘Resident Evil 4’ Remake, Claims Original Game’s Panty Shots Encourage “Misogynistic Behaviour In Real Life”
>Chris Avellone wins seven figures lawsuit, possible return to video games industry
>GJP is attacking Valve over not supporting BLM
>Nathan Grayson laid off as The Washington Post shuts down Launcher, their gaming section
>Limited Run Games fires employee after complaints over who she follows on Twitter
>Regulators (FTC) Look To Block Microsoft Acquisition Of Activision Blizzard Inc
>EU antitrust regulators to probe Microsoft's $69 billion Activision bid
>IGN Journalist who reviewed The Last of Us Part 2 joins Naughty Dog as Editorial Content Manager
>Arc System Works confirms that Bridget is trans
>Cloudflare bans Kiwifarms
>Ben Kuchera claims he was fired by Vox Media for taking time off to deal with his children being sexually abused
>Wiki is up again!
==1. OPERATION MAX REVIVE==
'''Rebuild the board's userbase and activity through simple, but effective methods'''
'''1. Post across the entire board'''
Activity creates activity. Use threads you like, make new ones if topics don't exist. Easy examples are Drawthreads and Friday Night threads, go request or draw something right now.
'''2. Recruit and recover lost or potential anons'''
Use this site's OC and features to entice anons if necessary when recruiting, just inform that we are alive.
Here's some sites and links with at least some confirmed anons that can be recruited again:
Other sites that might yield fruitful results and have anons (art sites use an account so you can see 18+ content):
Somewhere on Telegram
Just searching up GG or 8chan-related terms on certain places/sites can get you possible results.
'''3. Make your own OC/Memes/Content'''
Doesn't matter what it is even if its just simple edits or full-on drawings or webms, just make it and have fun. Ask in thread for software recs if necessary.
'''4. Encourage or create fun events, activities, projects, etc.'''
Think things like 8chanmania, weekly streams, re-translation projects, demo days, or zzz's gaming magazine for example. If you want to do something, try making or reviving it, it can't hurt and these things are great for the board.
'''5. Use other boards'''
All it takes for a board to grow is at least 2 dedicated anons using it. Don't be afraid to make a post, check places periodically, shill, or what have you. Don't force discussions to boards, just encourage the usage of them.
==2. OPERATION TRAJAN:==
'''Collect and catalog all of the various localization and censorship accounts of past video games into a single repository from these sources:'''
'''Sony's policies forces censorship; JP devs allegedly have to go through ENG approval process:''' https://archive.fo/awzFF
- Japanese blog post about it: https://archive.fo/bF9bE
'''Sony Japan President Says PS4 Censorship Policy Is To Match Global Standards And Protect Kids:''' https://archive.fo/U3GLa
- Confirms censorship was deliberate: https://archive.fo/XgAgP
- No rules for censorship policies, games judged case-by-case: https://archive.fo/37DhK
- Marvelous partner starts petition against policy: https://archive.fo/rxQtf https://archive.fo/84UHo
• Twitterfags: Tweet with Sony's stock code $SNE so that investors see your tweets and know you're pissed.
• Consider spreading OP Timber materials to targets as well: http://archive.vn/URjtu
'''A. Operation Download And Conquer:''' Loosen the death-grip of Google that has taken hold of the internet's audio and video services
'''B. Support archive.fo!''' Accountability needs proof:
'''C. OP DisNod:''' Contact the FTC and advertisers about violations and unethical practices
'''D. Internet Censorship happenings:''' Spread the word about the dangers of FOSTA/CLOUD act/Article 13, etc.
'''E. OP End the Era:''' Dig into resetera and their connections to journos, devs, etc.
==Reminders (important, READ THESE!):==
• Use https://archive.today to deny sites ad revenue and traffic and preserve pages in case they are deleted later
• Be civil if you have to argue with people on Twitter, Tumblr or any forum - don't make us look like douchebags
• Do not accept requests for any goal, demand lists or personal army requests: https://pastebin.com/p5dVp1e5
• Beware COINTELPRO: The Gentleperson's Guide to Forum Spies: https://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm
• '''STOP REPLYING TO BAITS AND OBVIOUS DERAILMENT ATTEMPTS, JUST REPORT AND FILTER'''
>Summaries of #GamerGate:
• https://redirect.invidious.io/watch?v=wy9bisUIP3w - #GamerGate - If It's Not About Ethics
• https://redirect.invidious.io/watch?v=5fnRSL3d_xU - #GamerGate in 60 Seconds
• https://archive.fo/23Fde - GamerGate: A State of the Union Address
>Background and Evidence for #GamerGate:
• The #GamerGate Dossier: https://archive.fo/nv1Fb
• #GamerGate Wiki: https://ggwiki.deepfreeze.it/index.php?title=Main_Page
• History of #GamerGate: https://www.historyofgamergate.com/
• View the timeline links in the Current Happenings section!
• GG Steam Support & Boycott List: https://v.gd/vzRsRb
• Key GamerGate Hubs: https://v.gd/LNJbat
>Full OP Text:
• Current: https://ggwiki.deepfreeze.it/index.php?title=The_GamerGate_OP
>How Can I Help?
• All OPs: https://gitgud.io/gamergate/gamergateop/tree/master/Operations
• OP Vulcan: Learn logical debating: https://v.gd/Kbzw0L
• An Anon's Guide to Twitter; basics: https://v.gd/nwrbYF
>Want to Contribute to GitGud or Wiki?
- The GamerGate OP is seen at the beginning of every "Gamergate + NotYourShield [#GG + #NYS]" thread (aka "Bread.") in 8chan's video game discussion board.
- Posts have a 5,000 character limit and cannot have more than 50 external links. Exceeding these limits will result in post errors "The body was too long." or "Too many links; flood detected." respectively.
- Links broken via formatting will not count towards the limit.