Resetera is a video games forum founded by former members of the NeoGAF forum, after allegations of sexual harassment against the owner of NeoGAF Tyler Malka led to a mass exodus of moderators and users seeking a replacement forum. Before its creation, the community used Discord chat servers to organize itself.
The ResetEra forum is based on the XenForo forum platform. Security has been an important focus of the forum's administrators and developers in anticipation of potential disruptions from GamerGate and alt-right communities.
Within the first week, ResetEra had over 25,000 active members and over 300,000 posts.
Role in Gamergate
ResetEra will ban anyone who says ANYTHING POSITIVE about Daniel Vavra, a pro-Gamergate developer who made Kingdom Come: Deliverance, even saying that he designed a good game will even result in an instant ban. Since they aren't please that a "racist and sexist" Gamergator's game sold better in its' first weekend.
Some time in February, ResetEra got Chylinski, a Subnautica's sound designer, fired. By digging through his tweets and finding that he was trolling and even retweeted Paul Joseph Watson.  
In October 23, 2018, some of the members of ResetEra just doxxed some CD Projekt RED/GOG employees because of a tweet that was posted in Twitter hashtag that was already politically charge, this also made numerous game journalists team up with ResetEra calling for the game company to fire the social media managers.
In June 2019, Celine.D.Sykes was invited by LordKano due to private messaging to ResetEra's discord to see the magic behind the scenes, since it's a "super secret club." It was then that she discovered that there's disturb, dangerous people, and even those that are pedophile apologists lurking in the bowls of ResetEra.
After the expose when word gotten out that some of the ResetEra's higher ups are part of a pedophile ring, they respond that it's a "nothingburger" and that people are overreacting after the expose. But their friends in Reddit, Twitter, and other social medias went on to ban anyone who brings it up. ResetEra themselves even shut down a thread that's made in good fate about the pedoring and asking for more information about this incident, one of the forum submitters even advises that "Shutting down the thread isn't the right way to go about it."
- ResetEra FAQs (archive) -
- Daniel Vavra Tweet (archive) - 
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Sells Million Copies in First Week - 
- Subnautica's Sound Designer is Apparently Racist and Transphobic (archive) - 
- So. I Just Got Fired (archive) - 
- The Good Folks at ResetEra are trying to get a Dev Fired (archive) - 
- Controversial Firings of Guild Wars 2 (ResetEra/archive) - 
- CD Projekt Red Employees Doxxed & Harassed by Games Journalist Mob (Hype Break/Youtube) -
- ResetEra Is Trying Hard to Get the Screencaps Down (Neogaf) - 
- The Suppression of ResetEra's Pedo Ring Is On Full Throttle (KIA2/reddit) - 
- The Suppression of ResetEra's Pedo Ring Is On Full Throttle (KIA2/reddit/archive)- 
- Proof That ResetEra is Doing Damage Control (KIA2) -
- ResetEra Staff Pedo Accusations (archive) - 
- Proof That ResetEra is Doing Damage Control (KIA2/archive)