Projects:Operation Azure Orbs
|Type: Mailing campaign|
Operation Azure Orbs is a mailing campaign informing direct advertisers of SBNation that their parent company, Vox Media, uses a sibling publication, Polygon, to consistently discredit the 18-25 male demographic. SBNation provides the bulk of Vox Media's revenue, making it a highly prized asset to collateralize for raising capital. Without that capital, Vox cannot acquire the properties to attract acquisition from one of the Big Four (Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, or Charter/Time Warner Cable) If direct advertisers of SBNation can be informed about Vox Media's schizophrenic business model, they might raise concerns about being engaged in something akin to a Gamergate quagmire. This will have knock-on effects with venture capitalists who will most likely demand that Vox re-calibrate their strategy and reorganize Polygon to be more vertical-friendly (I.E., causing corrupt political axe-grinding to be deemed a threat to company valuation).
- Who are SBNation's direct advertisers?
- How long until programmatic advertising offsets direct on SBNation?
- Which of the Big Four has shown the most interest in acquiring Vox Media? (All signs currently point to Comcast )
- What has Polygon, The Verge, Vox, and SB Nation published that would cause sports marketers to cringe and question the integrity of Vox Media's strategy?
- Who can the board of directors tap to counter our efforts?
- Vox supports imprisoning innocent males
- Vox follows up supporting imprisoning innocent males by saying innocent males should be imprisoned