This page is an informal to do list for the wiki. It can include any project ranging from new pages, editing existing pages, to administrative projects. It is intended as a starting point for new editors and to help editors who are working on the same thing collaborate together. To create a new entry, click "Add Topic" next to the edit button. For the section header type in a brief description of the project. In the body describe the project. If you want to discuss an existing project, edit that section. At the end of all messages type ~~~~ which will turn into a timestamped signature when you save.
In general, all the articles need work. This page is used to spotlight articles that people think are important (users can 'Add Topic' as well) and give guidance on how these articles can be improved.
If you have any questions, feel free to post on our talk pages.
Categorize all the pages for easy navigation
Update outdated information
Merge related stubs
- 1 Pages We Need
- 2 Needs Improvement
- 3 Deletion suggestions
- 4 Point Counterpoint
- 5 Harassment
- 6 Archive of Posts
Pages We Need
Feel free to propose more pages.
Need guide for formatting and citing sources for consistency. And a number of Categories for proper organization.
Make copies of already existing articles
Bring everything that's not here from here: http://thisisvideogames.com/gamergatewiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Game Journo Pros
Most of the names in the GameJournoPros article still need pages created, even if they are simple bio pages.
Add content to all stub pages done to this time. Cleanup articles that need it and erase unneeded categories.
Games with notable attention
- Persona 5
- Fire Emblem Fates
- MagicGate - Magic the Gathering: Pedo controversy
- Games with some censorship,
- could be all grouped in a single page if small
- Torrential Downpour
- Operation Timber
- Operation Goolag?: Google's censorship
- Operation Chickasaw?: wasn't too big
- Operation Dicktionairy Add examples of sjw buzzwords.
- Merge stub Operation pages
- Rational Wiki
- Comicgate - Upheaval in western comic industry
- Free speech?
- Annie May <- Very Important
- Australia banning video games that are "innapropriate for children".
- The Escapist: Needs summaries for articles
- NicheGamer: Add more articles
- Giant Bomb
- Vice Write more for it
- Ian Miles Cheong: NEEDS MAJOR REWRITING
- Allistair Pinsof
- Erik Kain
- Jonathan McIntosh: Needs a little bit of everything
- EA Games: Starwars Battlefront 2 loot boxes and ensuing effects
- NISA: Previous broken games, Ys acquisition and revisiting of translations
- Youtube: Logan Paul and ensuing demonetization penalties for smaller youtubers.
- TV Tropes
- FBI (their investigation and statements of GG)
- Funimation: Injecting politics in anime, needs more on the Prison School dub
- Google: Link to memo was added, add more info about google
- Marlene Jaeckel: Smear victim from women in tech groups
- Kickstarter - add more to scam games list with archives
The majority of the "Operations" are stubs, old suggestions, and didn't get anyone to do anything. The ones that archived better written posts could be kept.
I'd also delete the main Timeline/Full page, it likely won't be updated if any other timeline pages get edited. Dokidoki (talk) 03:14, 31 January 2018 (CET)
I note that there are numerous informal logical fallacies present in many of the anti-gg arguments. A list of these could be compiled with very little effort as there are several of them which are noticeable at a glance—so many, in fact, that a separate Logical Fallacies section (or Page) could be created under (or in addition to) the Point Counterpoint page. Thoughts on this? Greedwell (talk) 01:29, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
I think if in the course of refuting specific points, you encounter a fallacy, it's a good idea to point it out, however I don't think creating a list of fallacies is a good idea. You might be pressured to bend the facts a bit to "catch them all" so to speak. Psycho Robot (talk) 01:36, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
Perhaps the most salient of these would be the straw man, in this instance. In fact, that seems to be the chief modus operandi of their entire opposition. Dismiss the stated goals of the movement, craft a straw man, persuade mainstream media to disseminate. The most prominent product of this methodology would appear to be the 'bigotry' straw man: We're not about rectifying the unethical practices of the gaming media, we're about excommunicating women from the hobby, because all gamers are fat white virginal misogynerds.
That, in and of itself, is one of the most galling fallacies that they have thus far been perpetrating--one which warrants considerable mention in any such point-counterpoint article, I'm sure you'll concur. Berke Stavoy (talk) 02:36, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
Archive of Posts
Retrieved from "http://wiki.gamergate.me/GamerGate_Wiki:To_Do_List&oldid=8517%22